A Notice to our Families
Kennedy Funeral Home Limited Is Prepared to Safely Care For Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please note, at any time rules may change. We will advise you in that case.
We remain committed and prepared to safely care for the families we serve during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Whenever possible and with recommendations by local, provincial & federal Governments, Kennedy’s will continue to enable families to participate in the rituals that are most important to them.
We recognize our responsibility to protect the health of those we are privileged to serve. Our staff will continue to guide families, as we always have, in ways they can meaningfully commemorate the life of their loved one, while adhering to the guidance issued by federal, provincial and local public health officials.
Our staff remains vigilant about cleaning our facilities and ensuring we’re all following recommended healthy habits, such as staying home when sick, washing our hands, and covering coughs and sneezes. The CDC and our provincial, federal and local public health officials have offered a lot of helpful guidance for businesses on this topic, which we continue to follow.
Steps we are taking:
- We are operating by appointment only 519-776-7378
- We will keep safe distance between all parties as recommended during arrangements
- We already have the ability to sign documentation online if you do not want to meet face to face
- Our cleaning & disinfection procedures are already in place and are routine practice
- Some staff may wear gloves with face masks & will routinely wash their hands
- All visitors will be required to wash/disinfect their hands and wear a mask or they will not be permitted to enter. Our safety is just as important.
- If you are coughing, have a fever or respiratory illness and/or have traveled in the last 14 days we ask you to contact your health provider or the local health unit and do not enter our building
- No staff will be required to work if they do not feel safe in this environment
- We already offer free webcasting of funeral services & slide shows to help include more people (we are a leader in this category)
- A maximum number 40 people at one time for funerals or gatherings will be granted access to our facilities
- You must RSVP with our funeral home for visitations/funerals at www.kennedyfh.com
- Graveside services are permitted to have 50 people maximum. Although cemeteries can set a lower number if they so choose
- RSVP with the funeral home is also required for a graveside service at www.kennedyfh.com
Sincerely Tony & Jenn de Ryk