A Notice to our Families
Kennedy Funeral Home Limited Is Prepared to Safely Care For Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please note, at any time rules may change. We will advise you in that case.
Funeral homes in Ontario are required to have at a minimum 15 minutes between visitation periods.
We remain committed and prepared to safely care for the families we serve during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Whenever possible and with recommendations by local, provincial & federal Governments, Kennedy’s will continue to enable families to participate in the rituals that are most important to them.
We recognize our responsibility to protect the health of those we are privileged to serve. Our staff will continue to guide families, as we always have, in ways they can meaningfully commemorate the life of their loved one, while adhering to the guidance issued by federal, provincial and local public health officials.
Our staff remains vigilant about cleaning our facilities and ensuring we’re all following recommended healthy habits, such as staying home when sick, washing our hands, and covering coughs and sneezes. The CDC and our provincial, federal and local public health officials have offered a lot of helpful guidance for businesses on this topic, which we continue to follow.
Steps we are taking:
- We are operating by appointment only 519-776-7378
- We already have the ability to sign documentation online if you do not want to meet face to face
- All visitors will be required to wash/disinfect their hands and wear a mask.
- If you are coughing, have a fever or respiratory illness and/or have traveled in the last 14 days we ask you to contact your health provider or the local health unit and do not enter our building
- We already offer free webcasting of funeral services & slide shows to help include more people (we are a leader in this category)
- The maximum number of people at one time for funerals or gatherings in Ontario is 15 % capacity per room for a total up to 50 maximum for the entire facility.
Sincerely Tony & Jenn de Ryk